Power Plant Specialist is available in Columbus, Ohio. The Power Plant Specialist (PPS) provides power plant engineering and troubleshooting support for Gulfstream, Bombardier, and Textron aircraft, focusing on fleet availability and dispatch reliability. The PPS has a broad scope of responsibility to work across Maintenance Operations as well as other company functions to develop optimum fleet performance and support implementation of these initiatives.
The PPS develops and uses various forms of aircraft data, analysis, and performance data to improve reliability, quality, and service life. The PPS is responsible for enabling establishing improvement goals, deliver on initiatives, influencing stakeholders to make targets and delivering industry leading fleet reliability and performance.
Jet Select is an affiliated operating partner of Vista in the US - the largest charter group in private aviation and the world’s first private aviation ecosystem, integrating a unique portfolio of companies offering asset-light solutions to cover all key aspects of business aviation.
Vista has a global reach with operational hubs across the globe and an expert workforce of over 4,000 aviation professionals. Vista's fast-paced growth and its relationship with the best partner operators open the door to lifelong career opportunities across the group - to create the best service in business aviation, in every region in the world.
The PPS will serve on the Technical Services Team as the power plant expert. The PPS shall have the following responsibilities:
- Establish the position as the power plant technical focal and subject expert for Liaison Engineering Team and Maintenance Operations.
- To assist internal and external stakeholders with the assessment, repair, modification and installation of aircraft power plants and auxiliary power units.
- Collaborate closely with Maintenance Control, Base and Line Maintenance to resolve immediate and long-term power plant defects.
- Coordinate and engage in developing corrective actions and advising flight crews, Flight Operations and Maintenance with respect to power plant troubleshooting efforts, to include urgent in-flight events that may require immediate attention, and which may occur during non-working hours.
- Develop, implement, and teach troubleshooting best practices for power plants and Auxiliary Power Units (APU) for each fleet.
- Support the responsible Fleet Manger in reviewing and assessing Airworthiness Directives affecting aircraft power plant and APUs, providing guidance in terms of applicability, affected aircraft and best practices to ensure timely compliance.
- Review and assess manufacturer, vendor and supplier Service Bulletins, Engineering Orders, Service Letters, Service Difficulty Reports, and other such documentation, applicable to specific aircraft, power plant, APUs and/or power plant components, to determine whether the recommended procedures, parts replacement, modifications, etc. should be incorporated and to determine the impact, cost, and downtime.
- Manage and oversee all power plant and APU shop visits for repairs, modification, refurbishment, and overhaul, ensuring the power plant work scopes are correct, that damage assessments and corrective actions are agreed, preferred pricing is achieved and that the power plant is redelivered following repair shop visit on schedule with all the correct documentation.
- Monitor power plant fleet performance trend data, SOAP analysis, flight crew feedback, reliability analysis and maintenance program changes for improvement opportunities and to initiate corrective actions.
- Develop and manage life cycle plans for power plant and APU by fleet type, to include supporting Foreign Object Damage (FOD) investigation with suppliers and insurance providers.
- Participate and be present in industry, manufacturer, and fleet support providers forums.
- Seek new and newly developing maintenance, fleet management techniques and processes to improve performance, availability and reduce operating costs.
- Assist internal and external stakeholders with unscheduled power plant events and support reportable in-flight power plant shutdown, loss of thrust management investigations, etc.
- Support the development and maintain a database to track aircraft troubleshooting events and findings for future reference and to recommend adopting procedural improvements.
- Work with engineering vendors to develop alternate means of compliance, coordinating with Maintenance Control and Quality Assurance to ensure repairs are expedited, accurate, and final documents have the necessary documentation to support the airworthiness, Return to Service and/or Maintenance Release of the aircraft.
Required Experience, Qualifications, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree aircraft engineering, aerospace engineering or licensed A&P mechanic with equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years providing power plant and APU technical support.
- 3+ years of troubleshooting experience Gulfstream, Bombardier, and/or Textron power plant and APUs.
- 1+ year of leading technical teams.
- 8+ years of managing power plant and APU for Gulfstream, Bombardier, and/or Textron aircraft.
- 5+ years of Gulfstream, Bombardier, and/or Textron Power Plant and APU troubleshooting experience with the ability to train others.
- 3+ years of developing technical support teams.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k program with company matching and no vesting period.
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance and Long/Short term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career progression
The affiliated operating partners of Vista are equal employment opportunity employers. The affiliated operating partners of Vista do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The affiliated operating partners of Vista also prohibit harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.