Avionics Technician positions are available in Van Nuys, CA and Bay City, WI. As an Avionics Technician, you will perform inspections, testing, troubleshooting, repairing, removal and replacement of aircraft instrument and avionics components and systems in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications, FAR’s, industry standards and organizational approved procedures.
Jet Edge/JetWorx (Van Nuys, CA) and Red Wing Aviation (Bay City, WI) are affiliated operating partners of Vista in the US - the largest charter group in private aviation and the world’s first private aviation ecosystem, integrating a unique portfolio of companies offering asset-light solutions to cover all key aspects of business aviation.
Vista has a global reach with operational hubs across the globe and an expert workforce of over 4,000 aviation professionals. Vista's fast-paced growth and its relationship with the best partner operators open the door to lifelong career opportunities across the group - to create the best service in business aviation, in every region in the world.
Avionics Technician Responsibilities:
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with the procedures outlined in the applicable Aircraft Maintenance Manual and customers General Maintenance Manual
- Troubleshoots, repairs, tests, removes and replaces avionics and instrument wiring and systems installed using hand tools, test equipment and technical documents. Orders necessary parts to complete the job.
- Utilize technical knowledge to repair aircraft discrepancies efficiently, while properly documenting all work performed.
- Enters description of work completed on the work order and properly documents removal and installation of aircraft parts and components according to approved data and Jetworx approved procedures. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of all technical reference materials needed to perform the job.
- Set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems.
- Maintains avionics test equipment and work area as required. Operates ground support equipment as necessary.
- Test electrical equipment or systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Analyze test or performance data to assess equipment operation.
- Coordinate work with that of engineers, technicians, and other aircraft maintenance personnel.
- AAIP avionic checks.
- Altimeter and transponder recertification.
- RVSM recertification.
- Utilize knowledge of FARs to ensure the airworthiness of aircraft.
- May Accompany flight crews to perform in-flight troubleshooting and adjustments and performs preflight evaluations of avionics and instrument systems.
Avionics Technician Qualifications:
- High School Diploma, GED
- Avionics Technician license – FCC (Preferred, not required)
- 3-5 years’ experience as an Avionics Technician (Preferred, not required)
- Experience working in a Part 145 environment, Part 135 experience is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematic diagrams
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements and customer specifications
- Computer skills and general software knowledge necessary
- Must pass airport background check
- 2+ Years of avionics installation and troubleshooting experience
- Experience installing cabin entertainment systems and WiFi systems is a plus.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills in the English language
- Experience working with Cessna, Gulfstream, Embraer or Bombardier is preferred
- Experience in the use of maintenance reference materials including Manufacturer's Maintenance Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalogs, Component Manuals, etc.
- Experience using CMP and CAMP maintenance tracking programs
- Must be proficient in the operation of standard office equipment and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to obtain FAA Repairman Certificate required, A&P License a plus
- Excellent time management and organization skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- A valid Driver’s License
- A complete set of tools designed for or appropriate for aircraft maintenance.
- Completion of employment drug screening, FBI fingerprinting check and a 10-year background check.
- Ability to routinely lift up to 50 lbs., occasionally up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to read small print and identify colors.
- Ability to tolerate in confined spaces and heights above four feet
- Ability to tolerate standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing, and repetitive motion
- Ability to tolerate working in extreme temperatures and noisy environments
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k program - no vesting period.
- Paid Time Off
- Career progression
The compensation range for this position is $30 to $53.50 per hour, depending upon experience.
We are committed to developing and training members of our team at every stage of their career. Although our standards are high, we’ll help you reach them.
The affiliated operating partners of Vista are equal employment opportunity employers. The affiliated operating partners of Vista do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The affiliated operating partners of Vista also prohibit harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.