Aircraft Quality Assurance (QA) Inspector positions are located in Van Nuys, CA. The QA Inspector ensures that all maintenance completed on an aircraft meets the technical standards established by the aircraft manufacturer and the Federal Aviation Administration.
Jet Worx, (Van Nuys, CA) is an affiliated operating partners of Vista in the US - the largest charter group in private aviation and the world’s first private aviation ecosystem, integrating a unique portfolio of companies offering asset-light solutions to cover all key aspects of business aviation.
Vista has a global reach with operational hubs across the globe and an expert workforce of over 4,000 aviation professionals. Vista's fast-paced growth and its relationship with the best partner operators open the door to lifelong career opportunities across the group - to create the best service in business aviation, in every region in the world.
- Ensures that all inspections are properly performed, and the documents required for compliance are properly executed.
- Work with vendors to correct any discrepancies as noted during work order reviews.
- Perform Return to Service (RTS) work order reviews.
- Assists the Chief Inspector in assuring the airworthiness and reliability of aircraft, components, and accessories.
- Works to ensure that standards and regulations established by the company's General Maintenance Manual, FAA Directives and Regulations and Manufacturers' Service Bulletins are complied with.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining the historical records of all aircraft, engines, and accessories Produce the necessary documentation to prove conformity to the FAA.
- Prepare and submit required reports to the FAA.
- Assist in monitoring time limitations and specifications of all time and cycle-controlled inspections, special inspections, replacement of parts and overhauls as contained in the Aircraft maintenance manuals and relevant tech publications.
- Assist in maintaining a current list of employees qualified in the inspection of required inspection items, (RII) & in monitoring the RII list of all contract agencies performing work for the company to insure qualified RII personnel are used.
- Compile data for the Continuing Analysis and Surveillance Program when required.
- Stay current with applicable airworthiness directives, CFARs, operation specifications, type certificate data sheets, service bulletins, maintenance manuals, and revisions.
Required education and experience
- Valid Airframe & Powerplant certificate.
- Minimum three years aviation experience.
- IA with prior inspection experience is preferred.
- Light body aircraft experience, preferrably Citation.
- Must be familiar with computerized maintenance tracking programs (i.e., CAMP).
- Must be familiar with turbine powered aircraft.
- Must be able to read and understand technical publications and drawings.
- Effectively communicate to team members, vendors, maintenance personnel and FAA representative
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k program with company matching and no vesting period.
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance and Long/Short term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career progression
The salary range for this position is $40-$55 per hour.
We are committed to developing and training members of our team at every stage of their career. Although our standards are high, we’ll help you reach them.
The affiliated operating partners of Vista are equal employment opportunity employers. The affiliated operating partners of Vista do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The affiliated operating partners of Vista also prohibit harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.