The G450 Maintenance Manager position is available in Austin, TX and provides technical assistance and labor for all problems associated with aircraft repairs. The Maintenance Manager coordinates with the MX control department to ensure a safe, efficient repair and timely return to service of the aircraft. This individual will be responsible for informing the owners of scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance events as well as providing financial approvals and escalations. This is an on-call position, must be able to travel to the Austin, TX location within 90 minutes.
Jet Edge (Van Nuys, CA) is an affiliated operating partner of Vista in the US - the largest charter group in private aviation and the world’s first private aviation ecosystem, integrating a unique portfolio of companies offering asset-light solutions to cover all key aspects of business aviation.
Vista has a global reach with operational hubs across the globe and an expert workforce of over 4,000 aviation professionals. Vista's fast-paced growth and its relationship with the best partner operators open the door to lifelong career opportunities across the group - to create the best service in business aviation, in every region in the world.
- Perform oversite for scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance inspections, assist third party MRO’s in troubleshooting and repairs on moderate to advanced complicity on aircraft systems, engine, and structures. Take calls and emails from flight crews on company aircraft to assist in AOG calls.
- Make accurate and efficient decisions on changes in schedule to resolve conflicts between MX events and the operations schedule.
- Must work with the planning team to ensure the maintenance is scheduled to meet the principal’s schedule whenever possible.
- Ensuring accurate and timely information is conveyed to operations for AOG and delayed aircraft.
- Responsible for building, scheduling, and releasing MX work orders.
- Ensure all customer aircraft are maintained in accordance with the procedures outlined in the applicable Aircraft Maintenance Manual and Jet Edge General Maintenance Manual.
- Exercise good judgment in working with people in a team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety.
- Provide a rolling 24 month scheduled maintenance plan and budget to owner/ operator.
- Responsible for releasing aircraft for RTS in accordance w/ company and FAA guidelines.
- Must work harmoniously with Chief Pilots, Managers, Pilots, MX Vendors, Owners, Account Managers, as well outside OEMs and auditors.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years of corporate aircraft or regional airline maintenance. Specific experience on Gulfstream IV/V/450, G280.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of mx control, maintenance supervisor, crew chief, avionics lead or equivalent experience.
- Must have A&P certificate. IA Preferred, but not required.
- On-call position - must be able to travel to AUS airport within 90 minutes.
- Experience with CAMP, AVTRAK, CMP, JETDOCS, Traxxall, Corridor, EBIS or other maintenance specific applications is highly desirable.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Must be a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills desirable.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational and task management skills
- Must be a clear and concise verbal nd written communicator.
- Must be able to adhere to pre-employment and random drug & alcohol
- This position additionally works directly with Sales, Operations, and all maintenance providers.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k program with company matching and no vesting period.
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance and Long/Short term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career progression
The compensation range for this position is $140,000 to $150,000, depending upon experience.
We are committed to developing and training members of our team at every stage of their career. Although our standards are high, we’ll help you reach them.