- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or 8+ years commensurate experience
- Certified Data Management Professional - Data Management (CDP-DM) Preferred
- Extensive in-depth experience with cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, troubleshooting, and related SRE and DevOps technologies, in addition to networking knowledge
- At least a few years in a technical role, ability to teach and influence engineers
- Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason
- Understanding of the SDLC
- Strong experience architecting cloud infrastructure with AWS
- Strong experience with Linux and infrastructure as code IAC
- Strong experience with containerization/orchestration technologies
- Strong understanding of multiple source control systems such as GitLab or GitHub
- Strong Experience with CI/CD automation and configuration management
- Scripting and good foundational understating of programming with Python, Bash (can include Typescript)
- Experience working in a 24/7 on-call, highly transactional or streaming production environment
- Familiarity with testing tools and methodologies
- Monitoring: DataDog, Grafana, Kibana, CloudWatch, Kafka
- IaC: Terraform
- Configuration Management: Ansible
- Cloud Provider: AWS and Azure
- CI/CD: GitLab
- Atlassian Suite (Confluence, Jira)
- Container Platforms: Docker, ECS / Fargate, Kubernetes, Helm
Operating System: Linux
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of the principles, concepts and theories in own discipline, and broad knowledge of principles and concepts of other functions
- Has developed extensive business knowledge and keeps current on industry trends
- Having customer focus, drive for results and strong ethics & values
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Must be able to communicate issues clearly to technical as well as non-technical people
- Must be a team player but also be able to work independently with minimal direction and supervision
- Possess a good understanding of multiple business applications, as well as experience in minicomputer or client/server environments including, but not limited to, the implementation and support of resource planning, sales automation, marketing, finance, and distribution system.
- Understanding of Linux and Networking concepts.
- Prior working experience with AWS - any or all EC2, S3, EBS, Glue, Athena
- Experienced with Linux system monitoring and analysis
- Understanding of Networking concepts and protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, HTTPS, etc.)
- Experience working with Docker
- Python, and shell scripting.
- AWS SysOps or Solutions Architect Associate Certification
Travel is not required for this position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. They are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Every employee and contractor are responsible for remaining familiar with information security policies and procedures and protecting Vista’s people, data, processes, and technology.
Vista Global Holding is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by law.