Flight Approval Coordinator Job Posting
Grow your aviation career with Jet Edge, a Vista Global company, and partner brand with Red Wing Aviation. Jet Edge is seeking to hire a Flight Approval Coordinator to join our FACT team in Columbus, OH. This position will report to the Duty Manager.
As a Flight Approval Coordination Team (FACT) member, you will be responsible for the initial risk and feasibility assessment of all new flights and inherent schedule changes. You will work closely with the Duty Managers, as they also contribute to ensuring that the fleet is optimized for a safe and economically efficient operation.
About Jet Edge
Jet Edge is an integrated large-cabin and super-midsize management operator and maintenance provider. Backed by unparalleled award-winning safety programs and overseen by a leadership team with over five hundred years of collective aviation experience, Jet Edge delivers excellence in aircraft management, charter management, on-demand charter, aircraft sales, and maintenance.
Flight Approval Coordination Team (FACT) Responsibilities:
- Ensuring applicable AOC`s operations are conducted according to the provisions of international and national regulations
- Flight approval in accordance with all international and national regulations, and to assess operational feasibility of flights (e.g., operating hours, NOTAMs, aircraft availability)
- As part of the approval process, coordinating further steps with other stakeholders such as Crew scheduling, MOC, FOMoD/CPO, Sales, and Client Services if necessary
- In coordination with the DM - ensuring crews, customers, and aircraft are always safe by keeping a constant overview of safety or hazardous situations around the Globe. This involves running and monitoring security assessments and escalating any potential issues to the DM, when applicable
- Initial fleet optimization, assigning of positioning flights, deciding on tail assignments, and possible upgrades/downgrades in coordination with the DM as well as other key stakeholders (CS, Sales, Revenue Management)
Flight Approval Coordination Team (FACT) Qualifications:
- 2-4 Years of experience with a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a course of study/major in business, aviation, or operations management; or 6+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ Years of experience in flight tracking and monitoring
- Experienced acting upon and communicating irregular operations such as delays, diversions, last-minute changes, and other irregularities that may potentially affect the schedule
- Knowledge of FARs regarding Part 91, 121, 125 or 135 airline operations preferred
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and aptitude to learn customized company software programs
- Strong understanding of flight planning, international operations, weather, and ATC
- Able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and be flexible to the changing needs of the business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels of an organization
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail
- Advanced time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively, prioritize, and communicate project status
- Solutions-driven mindset with a demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and work independently
Flight Approval Coordination Team (FACT) Benefits:
- Salary and medical, dental, vision plans are available first day of employment
- 401k program – dollar for dollar match annually to $8,000/$11,000 – No Vesting period
- Relocation assistance
- Career progression – upgrade and flow through to Jet Edge partners/sister organizations
We are committed to developing and training members of our team at every stage of their career. Although our standards are high, we’ll help you reach them.