RWA is hiring an Inspector responsible to perform Inspector duties utilizing inspection standards, methods, and procedures used by the Repair Station and ensures compliance with all FAA regulations and manufacturer's recommendation.
This position reports to the Repair Station Manager & Chief Inspector depending on duties assigned.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a Full-Time position, and hours of work are 7:00AM to 5:30PM (10-hour days). Shift available for this position are Sunday – Wednesday or Wednesday – Saturday. Position is located at RWA headquarters in Bay City, WI.
- Perform buy-back inspections of all maintenance tasks completed on aircraft or component.
- Ensure proper sign offs at the end of each task performed and at the end of the day on all the work orders in the repair station.
- Proficient in using the various types of inspection equipment and visual inspection aids appropriate for the article being inspected (Ref: 14 CFR Part 145).
- Ensure that aircraft are inspected and repaired by the Repair station are safe and airworthy.
- Must be willing to provide instruction to A&P mechanic when the maintenance task has been completed incorrectly.
- Must be able to navigate and understand the Aircraft Manuals such as AMM, IPC, CMM, WDM, and SPM at a high level.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure maintenance personnel are conducting maintenance in a safe manner and stop any unsafe action.
- While performing Inspections the designated inspector MUST NOT be involved in the
Required Education and Experience:
- FAA issued current A&P License
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to work under pressure and a high level of integrity
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Exhibit a high level of motivation, sense of urgency, attention to detail, energetic approach to job duties and requirements
- Ability to communicate - communication Proficiency, both written and oral.
- Ability to problem Solving/Analyze.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- A complete set of required tools and roll-around toolbox; must implement a shadow box system
- Completion of employment drug screening, background check and inclusion in FAA random drug program
- Career progression – upgrade and flow through to RWA partners/sister organizations
- Salary: $33.00 per hour
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans available first day of employment
- 401k program – dollar for dollar match annually to $8,000/$11,000 – No Vesting period