The Repair Station Manager/Accountable Manager oversees the operational functions of Red Wing Aviation’s FAA Certified Repairs Station, to include adhering to Part 145 requirements, managing parts room procedures, adhering to the various service center policies & procedures, and ensuring the availability of the aircraft fleet; performs customer relations functions, to include preparing work estimates, scheduling work flow, and approving final billing; performs employee relations functions, to include work schedules, training, maintaining employee records, and assisting with hiring, discipline, and terminations. This is a DOT identified safety-sensitive position.
We have an aggressive growth plan – expanding the fleet and adding talented employees across the organization, spanning all aircraft categories and aviation services across.
Red Wing Aviation (RWA) is one of the largest North American private aviation operators, with over 30 years of operational expertise. Delivering safe, reliable private jet charter throughout the western hemisphere, Red Wing Aviation also provides pilot training, maintenance, and repair services.
- Ensures that all maintenance, modifications and alterations performed by this repair station are in accordance with the Ratings and Operations Specifications of the FAA 145 repair station
- Trains, directs, supervises, and assists all personnel performing work under the repair station certificate as directed by the Repair Station Accountable Manager
- Ability to ensure compliance with the 14 CFR requirements related to manufacturing and aircraft maintenance, modifications and alterations
- Ensures that all housing, facilities, equipment, materials and data meet the applicable requirements for the certificate and ratings of this Repair Station
- Determines equivalency of tools and equipment used by the repair station and documents that determination
- Ensures all technical data provided in the instructions for continued airworthiness, service bulletins, service letters, airworthiness directives, government and industry standard practices and other data acceptable to or approved by the FAA, are current and available to persons performing maintenance and alterations on articles
- Ensures appropriate calibrations and checks are made on the tools and equipment used by the repair station
- Manages all Continuous Improvement efforts on behalf of the repair station
- Communicates as needed with internal & external customers and the FAA as required
- Professional with practical knowledge of job area
- Works under moderate supervision to set objectives for own job area
- Communicates with contacts inside and outside own team to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures, identifies and addresses changes within own job area
This position manages all employees of the Repair Station and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- General knowledge of all aircraft;
- A valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Certificate (A&P Certificate)
- 3-5 years’ experience with turbine aircraft
- Past Part 135 maintenance work
- Managerial experience and experience as a mechanic, and inspector preferred;
- Prior experience in the procedures, business practices, inspection methods, materials, equipment used in maintaining airworthy aircraft
- Excellent skills working with Microsoft Office applications with knowledge and experience managing business transactions and communicating with customers
- A valid US Driver’s License.
- Completion of pre-employment drug screening, enrollment in random drug and alcohol, fingerprinting and background check.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent
Lifting Requirements: Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Physical Requirements: Walk (move, traverse)
- Use hands/fingers to handle or feel (operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, position)
- Climb (stairs/ladders) or balance (ascend/descend, work atop, traverse)
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl (to position self, move)
- Talk/hear (communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, exchange information)
- See (detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, assess)
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training, opportunity for advancement
At Red Wing we are committed to our core values. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.