As an Interior Specialist at Red Wing Aviation (RWA), you will be responsible for the fabrication and repair of Aircraft Interior Components.
We have an aggressive growth plan – expanding the fleet and adding talented employees across the organization, spanning all aircraft categories and aviation services across North America and worldwide.
Red Wing Aviation (RWA) is one of the largest North American private aviation operators, with over 30 years of operational expertise. Delivering safe, reliable private jet charter throughout the western hemisphere, Red Wing Aviation also provides pilot training, maintenance, and repair services.
Aircraft Interior Specialist Responsibilities:
- Complete interior work on general aviation Aircraft in 145 repair station.
- Perform technical upholstery functions within design, customer, FAA, and aircraft specifications.
- Fabricate and install upholstery, cover panels, and make patterns for aircraft interiors using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
- Complete specific installation and trim tasks in compliance with work order instructions and specifications.
- Fit panels and windows, cabin head liners, upper sidewalls, lower side panels, hatch panels, windows, cut and bind carpets and cover bulkheads.
- Create carpet patterns per design drawings and complete installation
- Painting as required
- Wash, clean, dust, restore, stock wax, polish and detail all areas of RWA aircraft
- Utilize everyday cleaning agents, chemicals and equipment to ensure the aircraft cleanliness meets expectations
Aircraft Interior Specialist Qualifications:
Required Education and Experience:
- Industrial and/or aircraft sewing and seat upholstery experience.
- Experience with basic upholstery and sewing techniques and practices.
- Experience using basic measuring tools and performing basic math functions.
- Experience using Industrial sewing machines.
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s license
- The ability to read and interpret instructions
- Operate hand tools
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Valid Passport or ability to obtain one
- Completion of pre-employment drug screening
- FBI fingerprinting background check (NATA)
- Organize work space and environment.
- Account for personal and company tools.
- Utilize knowledge of FARs to ensure the airworthiness of aircraft.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training, opportunity for advancement
At Red Wing we are committed to our core values. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.