Red Wing Aviation is seeking to hire an Aviation Maintenance Technician who will operate out of our Part 145 Repair Station Satellite location. This position is responsible for working as a collaborative member of a team tasked with accomplishing many different aspects of aircraft maintenance.
Who we are:
Red Wing Aviation (RWA) is one of the largest North American private aviation operators, with over 30 years of operational expertise. Delivering safe, reliable private jet charter throughout the western hemisphere, Red Wing Aviation also provides pilot training, maintenance, and repair services.
We have an aggressive growth plan – expanding the fleet and adding talented employees across the organization, spanning all aircraft categories and aviation services across North America and worldwide.
This is a fulltime position located at Teterboro Airport in Teterboro, NJ.
A&P Aviation Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Line service, inspection, repair, and modification of aircraft and/or aircraft systems and components.
- Utilize technical knowledge to repair aircraft discrepancies efficiently, while properly documenting all work performed.
- Utilize comprehensive test equipment and special tools to complete inspections.
- Utilize knowledge of computer systems to research inspections, repair criteria and/or repair parts requirements.
- Comprehensive troubleshooting and repair of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Inspection, rigging and adjustment of flight controls and control cables.
- Phase inspection and repair on Cessna 560 aircraft.
- Annual inspection on piston engine aircraft.
- Engine removal, installation, rigging and adjustment of engine controls.
- Re-fuel, de-fuel and testing of aircraft fuel systems and components.
- Aircraft pressurization checks.
- Engine run-up and taxi checks.
- Sheet metal repairs.
- Upholster removal, cleaning, repair and installation.
- Removal, disassembly and assembly of main landing gear wheel assemblies.
- Organize work space and environment.
- Account for personal and company tools.
- Utilize knowledge of FARs to ensure the airworthiness of aircraft.
Required Education and Experience:
- A valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Certificate (A&P Certificate)
- 3-5 years’ experience with turbine aircraft
- Past Part 135 maintenance work
- Any formal airframe specific maintenance training
- The ability to read and interpret instructions from manuals and internal RWA documents.
- Proficiency in the Windows operating environment.
- Physical capability to work in tight spaces, at heights, on-wings, use ladders, operate tugs, operate lifts, and lift weights up to 100lbs.
- Familiarity with Federal Aviation Regulations relating to aircraft maintenance.
- A strict adherence to Company policies and Standard Operating Procedures (“SOP’s).
- Ability and willingness to work first or second shift, after-hours, overtime as required, weekends and holidays.
- Travel may be required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- A valid Driver’s License.
- A complete set of tools designed for or appropriate for aircraft maintenance.
- Implementation of a shadow box to minimize risk and FOD.
- Completion of employment drug screening, FBI fingerprinting check and a 10-year background check.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training, opportunity for advancement
At Red Wing we are committed to our core values. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.