Red Wing Aviation is currently hiring Maintenance Controllers in Bay City, WI. Join our expanding aircraft maintenance team. Other offerings include paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, life insurance, and more.
- Sign-on Bonus – up to $10,000 based on experience
- Annual Retention Bonus – earn up to 10% of annual base salary
As a Maintenance Controller you will be responsible to work closely with the Director of Maintenance and Director of Operations to support aircraft and Flight crews away from the home station with contract maintenance.
Red Wing Aviation is a Part 135 On-demand charter company operating a large fleet of small and mid-sized Executive Business Jets. We are one of the largest North American private aviation operators, with over 30 years of operational expertise. Delivering safe, reliable private jet charter throughout the western hemisphere, Red Wing Aviation also provides pilot training, maintenance and repair services.
We have an aggressive growth plan – expanding the fleet and adding talented employees across the organization, spanning all aircraft categories and aviation services across North America and worldwide.
Maintenance Controller Essential Responsibilities:
- Coordinate on-road maintenance with approved vendors providing contract maintenance.
- Liaise with Contract maintenance, charter, and flight operations personnel to ensure proper coordination of road maintenance.
- Track and report all airframe, engine, and APU Hours and Cycles.
- Check and maintain all historical Flight, Aircraft, and Engine Maintenance logbooks for accuracy.
- Input all airframe hours into Company Flight Operations System.
- Create Purchase Orders for all Vendors providing parts or performing repair and inspections on RWA aircraft.
- Create Purchase Orders for all parts ordered for aircraft repairs and assist in orders shipping and receiving as needed
- Review all incoming outside invoices and get approval by managers, then transmit to accounting or ensure proper payment.
- Update any maintenance manuals in accordance with revisions.
- Input data into online portals for engine, airframe, APU, or avionics programs and deliver output to accounting, to ensure on-time payment.
- Review, inventory and organize aircraft and engine records for storage.
- Audit aircraft and engine records to ensure proper location and protection.
- Assist the Technical and Quality teams in locating pertinent documentation.
- Produce daily/weekly/monthly reports on the status of aircraft and engine records.
- Plans track and schedule aircraft maintenance events.
Maintenance Controller Required Education and Experience:
- A valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Certificate (A&P Certificate)
- 3-5 years’ experience with turbine aircraft
- Past Part 135 & 145 maintenance work
- Any formal airframe specific maintenance training
- The ability to read and interpret instructions from Maintenance and Parts manuals and internal RWA documents.
- The ability to read and interrupt wiring diagrams and prints.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Windows/Microsoft Office (Word & Excel). Proficiency in the Windows operating environment.
- Physical capability to work in tight spaces, at heights, on-wings, use ladders, operate tugs, operate lifts, and lift weights up to 100lbs.
- Familiarity with Federal Aviation Regulations relating to aircraft maintenance.
- A strict adherence to Company policies and Standard Operating Procedures (“SOP’s).
- Ability and willingness to work first or second shift, after-hours, overtime as required, weekends and holidays.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- A valid Driver’s License.
- Completion of DOT/FAA pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training, opportunity for advancement
At Red Wing we are committed to our core values. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.