RWA is seeking to hire an Aircraft Maintenance Planner who will prepare and develop schedules for aircraft maintenance, alterations, and refurbishment. These schedules will assist Directors of Maintenance and Operations with making informed decisions on Fleet utilization. This role will also support other operational departments to ensure schedules and budgets are adhered to.
Red Wing Aviation (RWA) is one of the largest North American private aviation operators, with over 30 years of operational expertise.
Maintenance Planner Responsibilities:
- Scheduling hourly and calendar inspections required at home base or off-site locations
- Aircraft alteration, modification and/ or refurbishment schedules
- Capture of data related to unscheduled / AOG maintenance events
- Develop and maintain database of Scheduled and Unscheduled maintenance for yearly budget.
- Ensure compliance of all aircraft exiting maintenance.
- Assist the Director of Maintenance (DoM) with records review and internal auditing.
- Assist the DoM to ensure full compliance of aircraft exiting maintenance events.
- Work directly with the DOM and Maintenance teams to formulate quotes and budgets.
- Works with DOM to plan workflow for the Maintenance department according to established shop specific sequences, and critical path dates.
- Ensure quick response time and delivery for any modified planning requirements due to additional work scope, engineering changes and/or miscalculated or shop and planning errors.
- Create and distribute the accurate maintenance production planning documents, essential in the maintenance, repair, modification, assembly and/or installation of aircraft components required for the aircraft specific work scopes.
- Adopt, support, and maintain monitoring systems to ensure the Maintenance Department is on track to the schedule and on budget to the goal hours.
- Able to work with others, particularly from the Flight Operations and Maintenance Control departments to problem solve and achieve common goals.
- Create Purchase Orders for vendors or suppliers performing maintenance or supplying Repair parts.
Required Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma or GED.
- Airframe and Powerplant Certification Preferred, not required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Maintenance Planning. Aircraft Maintenance Planning Preferred.
- Aviation Maintenance Part 135 or Part 121 background is preferable
- Experience in reading and understanding Supplemental Type Certificates (STC), Airworthiness Directives (AD), and Service Bulletins (SB) to determine: Effectivity to the fleet.
- Working knowledge of aircraft manuals (i.e., AMM, CMM, IPC, SRM, NDT, AFM).
- Computer experience with Aviation Data Bases, CAMP Systems, Global View, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Ability to create and update routine reports and correspondence in Microsoft Word & Excel formats.
- Strong technical background in aircraft maintenance.
- Experience in either a maintenance or quality system environment.
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to handle changes and make sound decisions.
- Ability to communicate and interact in a positive, professional manner.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities or projects simultaneously and keep them progressing to completion.
- Ability to lead a team and champion a project.
- Intermediate PC skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Strong sense of responsibility, flexibility, ability to work under pressure, extraordinary diligence, solution-oriented way of working.
- Ability to work autonomously and provide progress reports.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- A valid Driver’s License.
- Completion of DOT/FAA pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training, opportunity for advancement
At Red Wing we are committed to our core values. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.