As an Avionics Technician for Red Wing Aviation you will work as a member of a team, working collaboratively to accomplish many different aspects of aircraft maintenance.
Who we are:
With over 30 years of operational expertise, Red Wing Aviation (RWA) is one of the largest North American private aviation operators.
We have an aggressive growth plan – expanding the fleet and adding talented employees across the organization, spanning all aircraft categories and aviation services across North America and worldwide.
Avionics Technician Responsibilities:
- Effectively troubleshoot and repair all avionics equipment
- Utilize technical knowledge to repair aircraft discrepancies efficiently, while properly documenting all work performed.
- Troubleshoot, adjust, repair, or replace electrical systems, malfunctioning components or assemblies on aircraft.
- Adjust equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Repair worn, damaged, or defective mechanical parts.
- Set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems.
- Test electrical equipment or systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Lay out work according to specifications.
- Analyze test or performance data to assess equipment operation.
- Coordinate work with that of engineers, technicians, and other aircraft maintenance personnel.
- RWAC AAIP avionic checks.
- Altimeter and transponder recertification.
- RVSM recertification.
- Utilize knowledge of FARs to ensure the airworthiness of aircraft.
Avionics Technician Qualifications:
- Avionics Technician license – FCC (Preferred, not required)
- A&P License preferred but not required
- 2+ Years’ experience as an Avionics Technician preferred
- High School Diploma, GED; Bachelors
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematic diagrams
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements and customer specifications
- Computer skills and general software knowledge necessary
- Must pass airport background check
- 2+ Years of avionics installation and troubleshooting experience on aircraft that range from high-performance single engine to mid-sized jets
- Experience installing cabin entertainment systems and WiFi systems is a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- A valid Driver’s License.
- A complete set of tools designed for or appropriate for aircraft maintenance.
- Completion of employment drug screening, FBI fingerprinting check and a 10-year background check.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training, opportunity for advancement
At Red Wing we are committed to our core values. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.