Join our expanding maintenance team as an Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor at our headquarters in Bay City, WI. As an Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor for RWA you will work as a member of a team accomplishing many different aspects of aircraft maintenance.
Red Wing Aviation is one of the largest North American private aviation operators, with over 30 years of operational expertise. RWA provides the light body jet offering (Citation Ultra and XL) to the Customer-Centric XO Brand.
Why work for Red Wing Aviation:
- We have an aggressive growth plan – expanding the fleet and adding talented employees across the organization, spanning all aircraft categories and aviation services across North America and worldwide
- We are people-centric and value our staff
- Great benefits, PTO, 401K Matching
The Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day activities on the hangar floor. The aircraft Maintenance Supervisor will interface with the Chief Inspector and or the Repair Station Manager to receive priorities for work being conducted by the Repair Station.
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Supervise the day-to-day maintenance function of the hangar to ensure efficiency in repair operations, staff guidance and instruction, and resource availability to meet return to service deadlines
- Communicate maintenance task goals to the team; maintain positive communications between maintenance staff and management staff
- Communicate regularly with the Repair Station Manager regarding work scope updates
- Mentor and develop maintenance staff towards job knowledge and overall skills enhancement, via job training and guidance
- Ensure all material, parts, equipment, and tooling needs are met via tracking, ordering, or escalating issues to the Repair Station Manager
- Perform troubleshooting tasks as necessary
- Execution and completion of repair station maintenance schedules
- Ensure maintainer’s consistently log their time on given tasks
- Ensure repair station parts stock levels are properly maintained
- Ensure all work is properly carried out in accordnce with IAW technical directives
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor Required Skills & Experience:
- A current/valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Certificate (A&P Certificate)
- Knowledge of all aircraft mechanical systems, functions, and interactions, including aircraft accessories, components, and other hardware
- Thorough working knowledge of all current FAA regulations
- Thorough working knowledge of all ATA codes
- Formal or OJT Training on Citation and Mooney aircraft preferred
- strong communication skills with team members and Leadership
- Ability to work as a Team Leader
- Well-developed trouble shooting skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Previous Leadership experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Travel may be required
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training, opportunity for advancement
At Red Wing we are committed to our core values. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.